Sunday, June 12, 2011

NBA Mock Draft 2011

The NBA Draft is less than two weeks away. I always get really excited for the draft. I'll usually Tivo it and watch the entire thing. In preparation, I read up on top prospects at Jonathan Givony's DraftExpress.com and at ESPN.com

I really don't watch enough college basketball to be a good judge of who will make it in the league, and frankly, after looking back at past drafts, I think NBA general managers really don't know who will make it either. So here's my 2011 NBA mock draft based, not on any measurable skill or grainy footage of players' high school or overseas games, but on how much they look like an NBA player. I'll rank the lottery based on my opinion of how long I expect these guys to last in the league just by checking out a couple of photos. By these standards, DeJuan Blair would have been the #1 pick in the 2009 draft, and Ricky Rubio and Stephen Curry would have gone undrafted (though would each be top prospects in the looks-like-he-could-be-in-a-boy-band draft).

Here it is:

1. Tristan Thompson (Cleveland Cavaliers)

2. Kemba Walker (Minnesota Timberwolves)

3. Marcus Morris (Utah Jazz)

4. Markieff Morris (Cleveland Cavaliers)

5. Kyrie Irving (Toronto Raptors)

6. Alec Burks (Washington Wizards)
7. Kawhi Leonard (Sacramento Kings)

8. Chris Singleton (Detroit Pistons)

9. Josh Selby (Charlotte Bobcats)

10. Enes Kanter (Milwaukee Bucks)


11. Derrick Williams (Golden State Warriors)

12. Darius Morris (Utah Jazz)

13. Nolan Smith (Phoenix Suns)

14. Shelvin Mack (Houston Rockets)


1 comment: